Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

Last night was our 2nd P/T meeting for first grade. Jake's doing well. He has really come along nicely with his reading. I told his teacher that sometimes it brings tears to my eyes when we read his book everyday. I know!! I'm a huge sap but it's really amazing how he went from not reading a single word at the start of the year to really grasping it all within 6 months. He does great in math but we need to work on his handwriting. She told me that she knows he can write neatly but he sometimes gets distracted by what's going on around him (ie, NOSY) and then she has to hurry him up so that he can finish on time. I know he can write neatly as well, but he rushes to get it done so he can go onto something else. She also gave me some worksheets for over the summer so he can be ready for SECOND GRADE!! SECOND GRADE!! How the HELL did that happen! ;) Anyway, she said that in second grade they do alot of story reading and then comprehension writing...kind of like book reports. This I can handle. I loved reading and book reports when I was in school. I can help him with this...just don't ask me to help to use a ruler (Don't Laugh , Lisa!! :)) how to work with fractions, any sort of measurements or percentages...I start to sweat just thinking about it!

No comments: