Friday, February 15, 2008

Proud Mommy Moment

I had a nice, proud Mommy moment this past Wed. One of the CCD teachers and a friend from Jake's school stopped me in the hall and said that she just had to stop me to tell me that the week before, at Ash Wed mass, she was so very touched by what Jake did. At Ash Wed mass, Jake sat with his Ccd class and I was across the aisle where the parents were sitting. During the sign of the peace (for non-Catholics: There is a part of the mass where we offer each other the sign of peace, you shake hands with the persons next to/around you and say "Peace Be With You.") Jake left his aisle and came over to me and gave me a hug and a kiss. This is what we do at Sunday Mass so I didn't think too much of it. Susan (ccd teacher) said that she was so touched and thought it was just the sweetest thing seeing Jake do that. That no other child in church even glanced their parents way and it just touched her so much that she had to mention what a good sweet boy that I have and how proud I should be. Well, of course I started to tear up and thanked her so much for her kind words. Jake really is a sweet, sweet kid! I love him so! :)

No comments: